Music + Liturgy Formation
Time & Location
About the event
No performance expectation whatsoever!
In our New (but temporary) Normal, we are transforming what used to be our dedicated weekly "choir rehearsal" time into, instead, Music and Liturgy Formation. The shape of these weekly connection points will vary, and we'll try different ideas and formats to see what clicks. This is open to all at Sharon Chapel PLUS all of our "P6" partner parishes. All ages, shapes, sizes, colors, backgrounds, experiences FULLY EMBRACED and welcomed!
- A featured musical guest/singer/musician from among our P6 group, and even "outside" friends
- A featured speaker on any number of varying topics...liturgy, vocal pedagogy, music history, music appreciation, what "liturgy" and "music" mean when it comes to being Episcopalian, how music came to be in the liturgy (a relatively recent phenomenon across Christian history), and so much more for us to explore!
- Opportunities to ask questions, actively participate in your own formation, and suggest topics of interest for future Choir Connect sessions
- Opportunities to make new friends from across the P6 group - especially important!
- Input into helping decide how we transition into yet another New Normal when we are no longer quarantined (...it won't be the way we used to do it...)
- Whatever else the Spirit rattles within us!
Minister for Liturgy and Music
All Saints Episcopal Church - Sharon Chapel